Just came home from my first proper gig with Siew Lian. After many years of seemingly fruitless playing, we finally managed to quite nonchalantly pull off a small gig. Disregarding the fact that the sound system was not satisfactory and not a lot of people heard us, we had a pretty good time where we were. And for the first time, the attention was not so much on us doing a good job than us having a good fun time.
Practices were fun and so was the real thing! I think we're actually ready now for some public playing. When we were younger, I guess we were focused on technical things, rather than on the soul. I think now we're more laidback now and more relaxed. I certainly feel more comfortable in my own skin and having Siew Lian play with me. A refreshing addition to our usual strummy duo is my new goatskin djembe that she is quite taken with.
How hard is it to pull a band together and leave some fleeting reverbrations in the air and quite deeper impressions in the heart? I don't know, but I'm sure going to try.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment