Briefly, it started with a journey through the tough books of Matthew that addressed issues of the Kingdom of Heaven, proceeding on to the judgements of God and the endtimes, and finally a seemingly coincidental study at work into the realm of the conspiracy theories of the Illuminati--particularly related to a surviving dynasty in this modern era--has triggered quite disconcerted feelings in me.
First. If, no, because the Kingdom of Heaven is that valuable, I very well should place everything I have on it.
Second. If, no, because the judgements of God are of matter of eternal life and death, I very well need to ensure that my life is lived out so that I am an overcomer and that I stand till the very end.
In comes the third part--the Illuminati. I have heard of this force, an urban myth to me by far, but the uncovering of the association of a certain modern dynasty, linked to the very existence of the financial system as we know it, to this secret society (Illuminati or not), and the very fact that they could be very well be a hidden super power gives rise to some due concern.
Honestly, how this dynasty works through the ages and the strategies employed are certainly not godly, although it may be legalistically correct. It sends shivers down my spine to realise that the beast or the anti-Christ could be raised by this line--a line that exists and waiting for the right time!
The pieces of the puzzle seem evident to me. How, through the centuries of history making, this family is involved with the development, and worship, of money. And how the world and cities revolves around money.
I think of how today's financial centers are spiritually dead and are such hard ground. Whilst the little towns of, say, Cambodia are so receptive to the Gospel, we find places deeply entrenched in the modern age hardened, somehow. I don't know how the connection is, but it makes missions very very relevant and sensible. If God can't reach the cream of the crop for the banquet, He is going to take in the street people, so to speak.
With this little piece of revelation, I am made suddenly aware that missions is possibly God's final strategy to win mankind as Satan closes his grip on the cities using his brand of worldliness and self gain.
A note that two incidents became foundational to this journey. First was Michael and Nanut's discussion that we really, honestly and in reality, do not need to rely on money, but God alone, to achieve our purposes. Secondly was a discussion with one of the leaders in church on the reality of spiritual warfare, and how the enemy is seriously planning the destruction of Christians.
I am very curious about the book of Revelations. This sudden journey has just woken me up to a greater, more serious purpose to living--winning souls for God's Kingdom by being totally committed and dependant on Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment